Shan Xue(General Manager, JIC Technology Investment)
JIC Technology Investment released the “China Smart Internet Investment Development Report (2018). The publication studies the intelligent Internet industry through the aspects of industrial features, technological evolution, investment and financing, as well as applications.
1. It is a trend that the technology of the smart chip industry is combined with practical application scenarios. A pattern in segmentation is emerging; the automotive industry has become popular.
2. The semiconductor industry continues to maintain rapid growth, and it is imperative to increase localization.
3. Big data and cloud computing are maturing, while standardization and new technologies are driving rapid growth.
4. The Internet of Things industry has entered a stable growth cycle.
5. There are seven major development trends in the financial technology industry:
i. As cloud computing applications enter the “deep water zone”, there will be more attention paid to security, stability and risk prevention and control. The development of cloud computing technology has entered a mature stage, and the application of financial cloud is also moving towards a more critical “deep water zone”.
ii. Big data applications are moving toward cross-border integration. Standards and norms are the key to future development.
iii. The application of artificial intelligence accelerates development from computing to a higher level of perception and cognition.
iv. Blockchain moves from concept to applications. It has broad prospects but there are multiple constraints.
v. Regulation technology is getting more attention and will become a new explosion in financial technology.
vi. Demand for industrial applications continues to expand. While technology innovation facilitates financial technology, demand in financial technology will drive technological innovation.
vii. A new generation of information technology forms a convergent ecosystem and pushes the development of financial technology into a new phase. Emerging technologies such as cloud computing, big data, artificial intelligence and blockchain are not isolated from each other but are interconnected, complementary and mutually reinforcing.
6. The decline in smart travel industry financing will continue; mergers and acquisitions will become a focus and convergence will be the general trend.
7. Information Security Industry: Cloud, Internet of Things and Industrial Internet have become the new growth areas.